Axxeltrova and its partner in the United States have built an investment vehicle that is focused on the rapidly expanding Digital Infrastructure sector.
Digital Infrastructure is foundational to the economic growth and wellbeing of a nation, region, city or organisation. Digital infrastructure captures the entire spectrum of network, computing and storage required for the successful delivery of application and services in a mobile and connected economy.
- EV Charging Infrastructure – Fund commercial EV charging stations in the UK and continental Europe. The fund will enable the growth and adoptation of EVs.
- 5G and Next Generation Networks – Digitisation is a major economic driver and requires a new generation of networks. Massive investments will be required to deploy 5G infrastructure and the emergence of the “Neutral Host Model”.
- Fibre Networks and Internet Backbone – Continued rollout of fibre infrastructure in both the UK and continental Europe.
- Data Centres and Cloud Computing – The exponential growth of cloud services as well as billions of connected mobile devices and broadband subscriptions will require a range of data centres from edge computing to hyperscale computing.
- Smart City Infrastructure – Leveraging the development in smart technologies such as the Internet of Things, Smart Cities address the challenges of modern urbanisation by helping to optimise various services and resources to improve citizens quality of living.
- Internet of Things (IOT) – The Internet of Things is made up of devices, from simple sensors to smartphones and wearables, connected together, they will produce massive amounts of data that will require storage and networking infrastructure.
- The fund invests in single projects as well as operating companies.
- Our approach is focused on adding value and minimising risk.
- Fragmented digital infrastructure market ripe for consolidation as large financial investors and large technology industry players are looking to buy scaled asset portfolios in operation.
- Our “industrial” approach adds real value and minimises risk.
- Specialist technical and operational knowledge.
- Focus on risk management and downside protection through careful contracting and operational management.
- Returns driven by creation of intrinsic asset quality, not excessive financial leverage. Digital infrastructure offers higher returns than traditional infrastructure and much lower risk than venture capital